The new cultural centre of the city of Lugano. Building.
LAC Lugano Arte e Cultura is a new cultural centre of the city of Lugano dedicated to the visual arts, music and the performing arts. The centre includes a museum, a theatre and concert hall and parking facilities.
- Museum: Construction of large span slabs. All the elements will be made of prestressed concrete. During the realization phases, a different solution has been used (metallic frame).
- Hall: four load-bearing columns in the corners, roof with unidirectional prestressed concrete beams. Glass facades.
- Theatre: Carved out of the mountain in the North-West corner, it comprises reinforced concrete and prestressed concrete structures. The roofs of the auditorium and the scenic tower are made with steel trusses and prefabricated prestressed concrete slabs.
- Garage: Base plate with increased thickness underneath the columns. Reinforced concrete floor slabs.
Main building sections:
- Garage 42’000 m3
- Hall 11' 000 m3
- Museum 40’000 m3
- Theatre 70’000 m3
- Multipurpose room 2’000 m3
- Theatre studio 3’000 m3
Dicastero del Territorio, Città di Lugano, Lugano (CH)
- Site Management (support to the Client during the construction)
- Control/Supervision of civil engineers’ services during the building construction